personalVPN™ OpenVPN Setup for iOS (Pro and Premier Customers)
1) First thing first – get the app. Download the OpenVPN Connect app from here: Open in App Store
NOTE: When you open the app, if you get the following window, select OVPN PROFILE. Do not select any other option!
2) Once the OpenVPN app is installed on your iOS device, click here to log in to your account, and download your OpenVPN config file. Then, go to Download/Setup in this screen
3) Tap/click the iOS icon (not the Mac icon)
4) Click/tap Download OpenVPN Configuration File
5) Tap the drop-down to Select a VPN Gateway Location. Then, select a city from the list. In this example we’ll use Newark
6) Then tap Download, and one of following windows will come up.
7) Tap Open in “OpenVPN”, (For iOS 13+ Tap the Share button > Tap “More…” > Then tap “Copy to OpenVPN“).
The OpenVPN app opens, and shows there is a new profile to import. Tap ADD
You will get the following screen, with “Profile successfully imported”. Tap ADD again.
8) Once the profile is imported and selected, tap the slider to connect
The slider toggles to Connected and a VPN indicator is shown at the top of your screen.
That’s it – you’re all set!
You may rinse and repeat to add multiple VPN profiles as you like.
Have more questions? Let us know how we can help you.